Friday, September 16, 2011

Lady Antebellum Plays The Troubadour

Country superstars Lady Antebellum played a 12-song set at the Troubadour in Los Angeles on Sept. 15, treating fans to a rare intimate, acoustic show. With the venue holding about 400 or so people, you were pretty much guaranteed a good view of the group. Thanks to my concert partner-in-crime who got in line early, we were able to get a front row spot right in front of Charles Kelley. Yes, that was glorious. And so were there voices. They sound so great live. That's one thing that has always struck me about them whenever I saw them perform on TV ... I don't recall any times when they've sounded off. And they were the same live. Flawless.

They sang some songs from the new album, including ones they had only played once before, and one in the encore they had never done live (As You Turn Away). It was quite a treat to hear the new songs, and as much as I hated not being able to hear my favorite (All We'd Ever Need), hearing the gut-wrenching vocals by Hillary Scott on As You Turn Away made it more than ok.

Setlist:
We Owned The Night
Our Kind Of Love
Dancing Away With My Heart
American Honey
Cold As Stone
Looking For A Good Time
Singing Me Home
Just A Kiss
Love Don't Live Here
I Run To You
As You Turn Away (encore)
Need You Now (encore).

Four videos coming (apologies in advance for the sound; I was right next to the front stage speakers).

As You Turn Away:



Cold As Stone:



Dancing Away With My Heart:



Our Kind Of Love:

3 comments:

Refroidisseur d'eau said...

Lady Antebelum has so much talent, it is incredible. Keep watching, these folks will break the records anytime soon!

deepsharma said...

water coolers Incredible work on this follow up blog. You've really poured your heart into these blogs!

Austin lee said...

Nice work on putting together a very interesting post. Fabulous ideas !!! Water Coolers