Saturday, February 12, 2011

CMT's 40 Greatest Love Songs

CMT aired a new special Saturday night, counting down the 40 Greatest Love Songs. I think they did a good mix of new and old country, but I'm a little shocked there isn't a single Garth Brooks song on here. No "To Make You Feel My Love" or "The Dance"?! I'm also a little surprised at the Keith Urban song choice - "Sweet Thing" instead of "Raining On Sunday" or "Somebody Like You"? Although I guess it did win him a Grammy last year ... And "Sweet Dreams" instead of "Crazy" for Patsy Cline?

The Idol alum I would have figured to be on here is Carrie Underwood, and her cover of "I Told You So", along with the original by Randy Travis, made the list at No. 27. Danny Gokey makes an appearance on the show, discussing Rascal Flatts' "God Bless The Broken Road" and Taylor Swift's "Love Story".

The big revelation on the show for me was Brad Paisley's "Then". I'm not sure I've ever really listened to it before, but what they showed on the show really made me want to buy the song. The lyrics ....... 

CMT's 40 Greatest Love Songs:
1. I Will Always Love You - Dolly Parton
2. Always On My Mind - Willie Nelson
3. Breathe - Faith Hill
4. He Stopped Loving Her Today - George Jones
5. How Do I Live - Trisha Yearwood/LeAnn Rimes
6. Sweet Dreams - Patsy Cline
7. Ring Of Fire - Johnny Cash
8. When I Call Your Name - Vince Gill
9. Love Story - Taylor Swift
10. It's Your Love - Tim McGraw & Faith Hill
11. Lady - Kenny Rogers
12. When You Say Nothing At All - Keith Whitley/Alison Krauss
13. I Can't Help It (If I'm Still In Love With You) - Hank Williams
14. Remember When - Alan Jackson
15. Gentle On My Mind - Glen Campbell
16. Good-Hearted Woman - Waylon Jennings & Willie Nelson
17. Hello Dalin' - Conway Twitty
18. Need You Now - Lady Antebellum
19. I Can't Stop Loving You - Ray Charles
20. You're Still The One - Shania Twain
21. Sweet Thing - Keith Urban
22. Mama He's Crazy - The Judds
23. That's The Way Love Goes - Merle Haggard
24. I Honestly Love You - Olivia Newton-John
25. God Bless The Broken Road - Rascal Flatts
26. Golden Ring - George Jones & Tammy Wynette
27. I Told You So - Randy Travis/Carrie Underwood
28. Please Remember Me - Tim McGraw
29. Cowboy Take Me Away - Dixie Chicks
30. I Cross My Heart - George Strait
31. Stay - Sugarland
32. Forever And Ever, Amen - Randy Travis
33. Anything But Mine - Kenny Chesney
34. If You See Him/Her - Reba & Brooks & Dunn
35. Then - Brad Paisley
36. Lost In This Moment - Big & Rich
37. Don't Think I Don't Think About It - Darius Rucker
38. You're The Reason God Made Oklahoma - David Frizzell & Shelly West
39. No One Else On Earth - Wynonna
40. Come A Little Closer - Dierks Bentley

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

where was Elvis on this list??? and Marty Robbin's 'My woman, my woman, my wife' ~~~

Anonymous said...

Lonestar- Amazed