Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Kris Allen Debuts New Song At Last Show

For his last show on the Lifehouse tour, Kris Allen pulled out all the stops, debuting a brand new song (replacing the similar-vibed "Is It Over") in Portland. He confirmed after the show that the song is called "Leave You Alone", written by him and Cale Mills.

Luckily, my friend April was there, and she got it recorded on her iPhone and quickly uploaded to YouTube:



Early verdict: It's got the bluesy rock that I love so much about live "Is It Over", plus the passionate vocals. He really uses his full range here - going deftly from his lower to middle range and then to a great falsetto at the end. I think my friend Mer said it best: "This is like if IIO, Bright Lights, and Andrew had a baby."

I really, really like this. I can't wait to see how this song progresses.

2 comments:

gabrieloak said...

Wow, I can't believe that was recorded on an iPhone. Love it. Kris, make another album soon.

Anonymous said...

Great vocal and a touchy song for me. Can't wait for the studio version. Thank you very much for sharing. Happy Thanksgiving.