Thursday, October 07, 2010

Lee DeWyze Album Information Released

Some details on American Idol Season 9 champion Lee DeWyze's upcoming album were announced today. The CD, which will be released on Nov. 16, will be titled Live It Up, which is also the name of the first single. The single will debut on Ryan Seacrest's radio show on Oct. 13.

USA Today got more information on the CD. Elysa Gardner described the lead single as "being in a Jack Johnson/Jason Mraz vein". It was co-written by Lee, Toby Gad and Lindy Robbins. Other song titles Gardner revealed are "Me & My Jealousy", co-written by Lee, John Shanks and Zac Maloy, and "Beautiful Like You", co-written by Thomas "Tawgs" Salter and Mark Stochansky.

The press release issued on Lee's CD quoted him as saying, "Putting out an album on a major label is truly a dream come true. I'm excited for all the people who supported me throughout Idol to hear what I can do with my own songs. The album shows a whole different side of me and I’m so proud of it."

Lee also said, "To see my name listed in the credits on each song was really important to me because I’m a songwriter. I also loved working with such talented writers. They all brought so much to the table and really helped me flesh out my sound."

1 comment:

judy said...

love lee cant waite.