Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The Truth Comes Out

Kris Allen's long-awaited music video for "The Truth" finally premiered today, first on VH1 and then tonight on the Yahoo Music website. The video is directed by cinematographer Aaron Platt, who also directed OneRepublic's "Apologize" and served as the Director of Photography for Kris's "Live Like We're Dying" video.

The video is shot beautifully. The cinematography (as expected from a cinematographer) is outstanding. Kris looks great in it, as does Pat Monahan. It's definitely more abstract (yeah, I don't really get it, but then again, I'm the type that sometimes needs an anvil dropped on my head), and they could have done more story-wise, but it's so pretty to look at that the storyline really takes a backseat for me. Plus ... flaming guitar! Exploding chandeliers!

Watch the video below:

1 comment:

nancy said...

I like the song “The Truth.” This video enhanced the emotions of this song. When I looked at the beautiful images, I feel and hear the song even more. Now “the Truth” is my fave song.