Thursday, June 03, 2010

Kris Allen Debuts I Need To Know

Kris Allen's angsty, heart-wrenching ballad "I Need To Know" was one song that I thought was going to be the holy grail of Kris Allen live songs, one that we would never hear or only hear once or twice, kind of like David Cook's "Permanent." It may still end up being so, but Kris actually brought it out for the first time Wednesday night in Grand Rapids, MI as part of his encore.

Here's his debut performance, from Janelle088:


And an HQ close-up video, from kristen8110:


Kris sang a total of 16 songs (!!) in the nearly hour and a half concert. He sang every song on his album except for "Let It Rain", plus two covers from American Idol ("Man In The Mirror" and "Come Together) and two new covers ("Maybe" by Alison Krauss and "Paranoid Android" by Radiohead).

Here's Paranoid Android, from reader1148:


The 16-song setlist for Grand Rapids was: Can't Stay Away, Heartless/Gangsta's Paradise, Written All Over My Face, Red Guitar, The Truth, Alright With Me, Maybe (acoustic), Before We Come Undone (acoustic), Paranoid Android (acoustic), Lifetime, Bring It Back, Man In The Mirror, Is It Over, Live Like We're Dying, I Need To Know (Encore), Come Together (Encore).

The Grand Rapids Press gave Kris's concert a glowing review, rating it 4 out of 4 stars and noting the high point as being Alright With Me and the low point as "None". :)

In Madison on Tuesday, Kris had a similar setlist, minus I Need To Know. The 15-song setlist was: Can't Stay Away, Heartless/Gangsta's Paradise, Written All Over My Face, Red Guitar, The Truth, Alright With Me, Maybe, Before We Come Undone, Paranoid Android, Lifetime, Bring It Back, Man In The Mirror, Is It Over, Live Like We're Dying, Come Together.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love seeing all of the mini concerts of Kris from my computer. wish i could come to all of Kris concert. I even seen some stuff on mtv about him .I hope all his fans give a big shot out to mtv for putting him on we need to support the media when they do something good like giving him some tv time love love love Kris allen.

nancy said...

Kris is my Gold Idol. When is the Kris's MTV show? Is there a MTV website to shout out? Thanks.