Saturday, May 15, 2010

Matt Giraud Plays First LA Solo Concert

Matt Giraud played a solo concert in Los Angeles for the first time, entertaining an outdoor crowd on a hot day in the Valley with a total of 17 songs, I believe, at the AT&T store in La Canada.

Accompanying himself on piano for the whole set, Matt sang Ordinary People, Hard To Handle, So Small, Baby Girl (original), I Miss You Tonight (original), Human Nature, Let's Get It On, Georgia On My Mind, You Found Me, My Funny Valentine/A Foggy Day (In London Town)/Great Balls Of Fire, Lost Without You, I'll Always Remember You (original), 4 AM (original), Have You Ever Really Loved A Woman, and Have A Little Faith In Me.

I really enjoyed his original songs, especially "I Miss You Tonight". He said "4 AM" might be a single. I approve! Matt sang almost every song he did on Idol - I think all but three. His "So Small" is AMAZING. I like it better than Carrie Underwood's.

The show had a little bit of a piano bar feel (except for the blasted sun melting us on the pavement), with the amount of covers done. Except, you know, for Matt being EXTREMELY talented, both vocally and on the keys (ahem #signMattGiraud). And his performance quality! Even just sitting in front of the piano and playing, he totally engages the crowd at all times.

A little bit of news Matt shared: he will be doing a single with Jim Brinkman and will also be releasing an EP soon. Can't wait for that!

I videotaped most of his set. I'll be adding more as they get uploaded, so check back for the rest.

Ordinary People (partial):


Hard To Handle:


So Small:


I Miss You Tonight:


Human Nature:


Georgia On My Mind:


My Funny Valentine/A Foggy Day (In London Town)/Great Balls Of Fire:


Lost Without You:


4 AM:


Have You Ever Really Loved A Woman:


Have A Little Faith In Me:

No comments: