Monday, May 17, 2010

Allison Iraheta Headlines Long Beach Pride

Allison Iraheta headlined the final night of Long Beach Pride, playing a 12-song set with full band. She played for the first time two of her album tracks, "Beat Me Up" and "Still Breathing" and added "Piece Of My Heart" to her "Cry Baby" cover. She also added a little bit of Iyaz's "Replay" to the end of "Just Like You" and did Pat Benatar's "Heartbreaker" to close her set.

Also noteworthy was a new guitar solo in her new single "Don't Waste The Pretty." If Orianthi isn't playing on this special iTunes track Allison's publicist tweeted about, I will eat my proverbial hat.

The setlist went like this: Holiday, Beat Me Up, Still Breathing, Cry Baby/Piece Of My Heart, Just Like You, Scars, Robot Love, Killing Me Softly, No One Else, Don't Waste The Pretty, Friday I'll Be Over U, Heartbreaker.

Allison's voice is INSANE. Singing Heartbreaker at the end of a 12 song set? Amazing. She is so incredibly talented. I thought her setlist was very well chosen, with some really high-energy songs to keep the crowd moving. The crowd was there to have a good time, and a good time was had.

Cute moment: near the end of Cry Baby/Piece Of My Heart, she started to walk backwards and tripped over the mic stand she threw down earlier. She nearly ate it but managed to find her balance. After the song, she picked up her mic stand and said "Alright! And that was for sure the last time I'm throwing this damn mic stand!" LOL I love her!

Videos of the whole set (minus Friday I'll Be Over U) are below.

Holiday:


Beat Me Up:


Still Breathing:


Cry Baby/Piece Of My Heart:


Just Like You:


Scars:


Robot Love:


Killing Me Softly:


No One Else:


Don't Waste The Pretty:


Heartbreaker:

16 comments:

Will said...

Thank you for posting the videos! Heartbreaker was AMAZING! Can't wait to see the other videos!

ilovepr said...

Awesome! Thanks for doing this for those of us who couldn't be there. Can't wait for the other vids.

Anonymous said...

This girl shouts too much- i cant tell whats she's saying. Kinda weird to get audience to chant "Beat Me Up". I don't think she will have a very long lasting career. Really awkward on stage and her voice is annoying after the 3rd song.

Anonymous said...

I think she sounds amazing. I don't really know what you're talking about.

Anonymous said...

Girls got pipes.
She's doing covers I've always wanted her to do. All there's left is to cover some Gladys Knight, a 1:1 ratio for sure.

Anonymous said...

She needs a lot more practice. Has potential though. You dont have to go so crazy on every song..and this is where an experienced artist comes in. You have to pace a concert.
she needs a lot of refinement IMO- in a couple of years she may be ok

Spicoli said...

Thank you so much for posting these and giving me my daily Alli fix. The girl is the future of Rock. We are witnessing the rebirth of female rock.

I am so glad we have vids on the web to see this as it goes down. I'll be watching for her first vids from the tour with Adam and O.

Lauren said...

I can't thank you enough for taking the time to record and post all of these videos! I love Allison so any chance I get to see and hear her perform makes me very happy. I am always amazed at her talent from her amazing voice to her energetic performance style. Once again THANKS!!!

Anonymous said...

This girl kicks ass! Glad to see someone singing true rock again. I'm sick of listening to all those auto-tuned "artists" whose live performances sound like the audio engineer has been working overtime just to make them sound bearable. Give me the true, from the gut, raw singing that the '70s legends of rock would be proud of. If you don't get it, then you don't know what real rock is.

alex said...

whoa...tone down the frantic movements on stage. ITS TOO MUCH!!!!
Oh and not every word has to be at 3736450 decibels.

foxster said...

No she aint Barishnikov, but when you can sing like a champion it just doesn't matter. She has two things that have gotten her this far, an incredible voice and a genuine disposition. I love both more than any artist to come out in years.

Go look at your Britney poster and listen to autotuned crap

Anonymous said...

Funny how FIBOU ends up skipped. Just like every time i listen to the CD. Too poppy, and that one song IS autotuned a bit. She doesn't need the help.

She Rocks.

Water Cooler Convo said...

For the record, I skipped recording FIBOU because my arm was killing me. That was the 11th song, and I had reorded everything prior to that. Plus I wanted to take a few pictures, and I knew my time was running out to do so.

Glad you are all enjoying the videos. :)

Pamela said...

you don't know how much I love you right now for sharing these vids. She is just an amazing artist. She is burning the stage with her fire and talent . The band did a great job as well. thanks a LOT!!!

Michael said...

Way too manic for me and could she please limit the forced participation. Its like she's trying way too hard. She should be careful with her voice she sounds like she's straining alot of time.

Anonymous said...

I want to sincerely thank you for recording this and posting it. I just can't stop watching these videos. I love her voice and I love her energy. She always seems to be having so much fun, and that's so infectious.