Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Seven Members Of Top 24 Revealed

In an excruciatingly long two-hour Hollywood round episode, seven of the 24 members of the Top 24 were revealed. The first group to go through are: Michael Lynche, Didi Benami, Katelyn Epperly, Casey James, Aaron Kelly, Lee Dewyze, and Todrick Hall.

Aaron Kelly? Are you freakin' kidding me? During the last two rounds of Hollywood week, all he did was screw up. He forgot the words in the group song ("Get Ready"). He forgot the words in his solo ("Angel"). I guess it's ok to forget the words in Hollywood week if you're one of the chosen ones. Isn't that right, Katharine McPhee Joanna Pacitti?

And Kara? Lifting up your leg while hugging Casey James? Calm down, cougar!

Amongst those still in the running for tomorrow's final reveal are: Tim Urban, Tyler Grady, Andrew Garcia, Crystal Bowersox, Chris Golightly, Lilly Scott, Siobahn Magnus, Thaddeus Johnson, Katie Stevens, Shelby Dressel, Haeley Vaughn, Maddie Penrose, Jessica Furney, Angela Martin, Lacey Brown, Ashley Rodriguez, Janell Wheeler, and John Park.

Some of the people cut before final judgment were: Keia Johnson, Mary Powers (Wooooooohoooooo!), Hope Johnson, Jermaine Purifory, Tisha Holland, Charity Vance, Brian Walker, Christian Spear, and Lloyd Thomas. Cut in the final verdict were Shelby Dressel, who I thought was very good on her final audition ("More Than A Feeling"), and Jessica Furney, who was annoying as HALE!

From what they showed tonight, I can't imagine that Crystal Bowersox and Ashley Rodriguez won't make it. They were OUTSTANDING in the last round, with Crystal singing "If It Makes You Happy" and Ashley singing Jordin Sparks' "Battlefield." Andrew is a shoo-in, but if he tries to turn EVERY song into a gender-bending acoustic ditty, I'mma have to hurt him. He did "Straight Up" on Day 1 then Adele's "Chasing Pavements" on Day 3.

And really, Idol. I don't need to hear "Man in the Mirror" or "I'm Yours" ever again on your show. :|

3 comments:

Nikki said...

Jermaine Purifoy > Jermaine Sellers. :|

Big Mike and Crystal Bowersox are my early favorites, hope they do well.

Water Cooler Convo said...

Oh yeah - I forgot to mention that douchey act from Jermaine Sellers. What. The. Eff?! Never throw the band under the bus. Just zip it! If I were the band, I'd totally start playing faster during his next performance. If there is one, that is!

avanti71 said...

I could only say AI last night was excruciatingly long. I have not found any one interesting yet. The high-lights were Kris's FORD commercials.

I switched to NBC to see snow.