Monday, February 22, 2010

Kris Allen Plays DJ on MyFM

Kris Allen is playing guest DJ for a week on 104.3 MyFM in Los Angeles. In his first day on the job, he played a good selection of songs (minus one misstep ... CREED) and even plugged his album.

Here's his playlist for Day 1:
Clocks - Coldplay
Say Hey (I Love You) - Michael Franti
With Arms Wide Open - Creed
According To You - Orianthi
True Faith - New Order
Bad Romance - Lady Gaga
American Woman - Lenny Kravitz
I Do Not Hook Up - Kelly Clarkson
Uprising - Muse
My Immortal - Evanescence
Live Like We're Dying - Kris Allen

Day 2 Playlist:
Santeria - Sublime
All The Right Moves - OneRepublic
Dreaming With A Broken Heart - John Mayer
Hey Soul Sister - Train
Higher - Creed
Tik Tok - Ke$ha
Sunday Morning - Maroon 5
I'm Yours - Jason Mraz
Roxanne - The Police
Syndicate - The Fray
Already Gone - Kelly Clarkson
Just A Girl - No Doubt

Day 3 Playlist:
You Get What You Give - New Radicals
Maybe - Ingrid Michaelson
American Boy - Estelle
Gives You Hell - All-American Rejects
Killing Me Softly - The Fugees
Need You Now - Lady Antebellum
Before He Cheats - Carrie Underwood
I Gotta Feeling - Black Eyed Peas
Love Song - Sara Bareilles
Bad Romance - Lady Gaga
Feel Good Inc. - Gorillaz

Day 4 Playlist:
Faithfully - Journey
Sex On Fire - Kings of Leon
Come Undone - Duran Duran
Someday - Rob Thomas
Crazy - Gnarls Barkley
Whataya Want From Me - Adam Lambert
Fireflies - Owl City
Big Girls Don't Cry - Fergie
Everybody Wants To Rule The World - Tears For Fears
Heartbreak Warfare - John Mayer
Breakeven - The Script

Day 5 Playlist (thanks, I'm So Blue!):
The Eagles - Hotel California
Orianthi - According To You
Shaggy - Angel (w/ Rayvon)
Kris Allen - Live Like We're Dying
The Killers - Somebody Told Me
Colbie Caillat - Fallin' For You
Michael Jackson - Black Or White
Black Eyed Peas - Meet Me Halfway
Pink - U + Ur Hand
Daughtry - Life After You
Beyonce - Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)
Daniel Powter - Bad Day
Bon Jovi - Superman Tonight

Here's YouTube of Kris talking during his DJ hour:

Day 1:


Day 2:


Day 3:


Day 4:


Day 5:


Kris will doing this the rest of the week from 7-8 pm PT on MyFM. I'll update this post with his playlist each night.

7 comments:

nancy said...

Last night 103.7FM talked about Kris in Haiti and Kris will be on American Idol (2/25). I'm in San Diego, CA. Is this the same station as 104.3 FM LA?

I'm not a regular radio person, but I will tune in at 7 PM today to hear Kris's DJ work.

Anonymous said...

I believe he did really well. His voice is so smooth and easy listening. He is so witty and just made me smile all the way. I love you Kris.

Christine said...

I have a lot of the same songs!

nancy said...

I have been tuned in 104.3 FM on-line since I can't find it on my old radio. I really enjoyed it. I like Kris's talking voice and his song choices. Could Kris get a radio DJ work on the side? May be I asked too much.

Im So Blue said...

Probably no one is ever going to see this, but because I'm OCD...

Day 6 Playlist on KBIG:
The Eagles - Hotel California
Orianthi - According To You
Shaggy - Angel (w/ Rayvon)
Kris Allen - Live Like We're Dying
The Killers - Somebody Told Me
Colbie Caillat - Fallin' For You
Michael Jackson - Black Or White
Black Eyed Peas - Meet Me Halfway
Pink - U + Ur Hand
Daughtry - Life After You
Beyonce - Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)
Daniel Powter - Bad Day
Bon Jovi - Superman Tonight

And you can listen here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZImPYoOCxA

Water Cooler Convo said...

Hahaha I'm a completist too, so thank you for this! I added it. :)

ImSoBlue said...

I have no idea why my post says "Day 6" instead of "Day 5"...

But so sad to see that they shut down your YouTube. :(