Thursday, January 07, 2010

Kris Allen At CES Convention

Kris Allen performed at CES in Las Vegas Thursday afternoon. CES is one of the biggest trade shows in the U.S. Kris was part of the Sony presentation.

Details are a little shaky at the moment, but through various tweets, we know he sang Heartless, Man In The Mirror, Before We Come Undone, Falling Slowly/With Or Without You, Chasing Pavements, Is It Over, Alright With Me and Live Like We're Dying. From the Chasing Pavements video below, you can see the setlist on the floor on the big screen. It looks like 7-8 songs. As more info becomes known, I will add to this post.

Falling Slowly/With Or Without You:


Chasing Pavements:


Before We Come Undone:


Most of Man In The Mirror:


Heartless/Gangsta's Paradise:


Is It Over:


Alright With Me:


Live Like We're Dying:


There's a short Q&A with him on the Sony CES website (click on videos, then music, then Kris' picture, then About).

Here's the text:
SONY: How do you see technology affecting your work?
KRIS: Technology affects music in a big way. I'm able to do so many things ... Just personally, I can record a song on my computer or maybe just an idea that I have, really easily. Cale (Kris' guitarist at the CES performance) called me and said, "I have this idea for a song, let's get on IM and see what happens." I was in a hotel room and he was in his room and we started jamming on guitar, working it out. [they played the song at CES] For me the biggest thing is that you can record anytime, anywhere.

SONY: What are you looking forward to in the new year?
KRIS: A lot of things, actually. I'll be playing a lot of shows and touring - that's what's really fun, that's the most important thing to me. I'll also be working on a new album as well!

2 comments:

Russ said...

Kris keeps on growing. His music is just beautiful and soulful!!!! GO KRIS!!!!!!

gabrieloak said...

Falling Slowly. I so want to hear him sing that live. But I wonder if he can't always do it because the writers of the song are currently touring.