Monday, January 25, 2010

Ice Dancing Champs Davis/White Skate To David Cook's Billie Jean

2010 U.S. Ice Dancing Champions Meryl Davis and Charlie White skated to David Cook's version of "Billie Jean" in their exhibition performance at Sunday's Champions Gala. Ice dancing is my least favorite of the figure skating disciplines, but this routine was really great. The speed on that spin they did at the end of the routine was breathtaking.



At the end of their performance, the commentator talks about their Phantom of the Opera free dance, calling it "iconic". I missed that competition, so I looked it up just now. Holy. Crap. Their lifts are insane! I came into the U.S. Championships more of a Tanith Belbin/Ben Agosto fan, but I may be hopping on the Davis/White train now.

Here's video from that performance:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed. Thank you very much for posting