Wednesday, August 05, 2009

McPhee Goes McBlonde

Katharine McPhee's second album Unbroken comes out on Oct. 6, and she has changed up her look with a blond shag.

Um, WHY?! She's clasically gorgeous as a brunette. Now she looks kind of like a tart. Or like Kimberly Caldwell (same difference).

The pic to the left is from her Twitter page. The black and white photo on People.com is a way better photo, though. Kat said, "My music is a little more edgy so that inspired me to be adventurous. I’ve never dyed my hair before so this was a pretty drastic change. I’ve always been known as a brunette but I’ve been thinking about it for a long time and it kind of just fit with all of the searching with the music and experimenting that I would do the same thing with my look."

I'm very confused. She's been doing a lot of stuff with David Foster, I thought she signed with Verve Records, which is more or less a jazz label. If her music is going to be like that, why the "edgy" look?

No comments: