Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Idol News Roundup - 8/26/09

In Anoop Desai's Idolatry, he shows off his UNC Happy Feet and talks about his vision and what kind of music he wants to do (lyrical R&B), as well as his pending move to LA to continue to pursue the music biz in the best environment for him. He admits he's not comfortable writing on his own and wants to surround himself with people who he can work with. Anoop says his definition of success is to be the next Daughtry or Jennifer Hudson, "to really make it big."

Hometown boy Matt Giraud is featured in the Detroit News. Adam Lambert and Allison Iraheta say some really nice things about him. Adam said, "I think he's even better than he was on the show. He's really comfortable up there (on stage); he's in his element. There's things he does with his voice where I'm like, 'how did he do that?'" Allison said Matt's set was her favorite on the tour and added "I'm surprised (record labels) haven't picked him up yet."

Scott MacIntyre is going to be the keynote speaker at an event for the Badger Association of the Blind and Visually Impaired in Milwaukee on Aug. 27.

A ton of different interviews from the Akron Beacon-Journal at the Cleveland press outing. This article talks to five of the Idols about the music they are listening to. There are also separate Q&As with Anoop Desai, Allison Iraheta, Michael Sarver, Adam Lambert and Scott MacIntyre. There was also an earlier feature on Danny Gokey that I never picked up.

Jordin Sparks and Jim Cantiello of MTV spent some time together as she droves to her third concert on the Britney Spears' Circus tour. Jordin has yet to meet Britney (that Britney - what a diva! haha) or watch her set, but she did note one thing about this tour that's different from the Jonas Brothers: they don't scream at any little thing like the JoBros fans do. She said, "It was a little intimidating, just because it's such a different crowd than the Jonas crowd. And you go to a Britney concert and it's all of her fans and they have grown up ... but if they scream, they're screaming 'cause they want to. They don't scream at just anything, so when I took that stage and I could hear a little bit through that they were excited and that I wasn't so out of place, it was awesome."

Jordin also talked about the VH1 Divas show in a separate MTV article, saying that she will be singing two songs and that she hopes there will be some collaborations on the show. "You know what? I would take 'Party in the U.S.A.' in a second," she said. "I would take it in a heartbeat. I love that song."

Whoah, Jordin is all over the news today. Here's another article on her from the Youngstown Vindicator. She has this to say about being attached to Idol: "I don’t really think there is a downside. I know there are people who would think so, but no, it will always be attached to my name. And I’m proud of it. I wouldn’t trade that experience for anything. It got me where I am."

Fantasia talks to the Windy City Times about her role in the Color Purple and her upcoming album and VH1 documentary. Fantasia is working with KP, Cee-Lo and Missy Elliott on the album.

David Archuleta has recorded a Christmas duet with Charice that is expected to come out in his October-released Christmas album.

Ryan Seacrest and Ben Stiller do a video where Stiller asks Seacrest to give him a shoutout on Twitter to help him get followers. Seacrest's response? "I don't even talk to anybody who has less than 900,000 followers." LMAO.

No comments: