Thursday, August 20, 2009

Idol News Roundup - 8/20/09

Rolling Stone has a quick backstage interview with Kris Allen the day of his GMA appearance, and he jokes (I hope he's joking anyway) that he'll have about six energy drinks and that having that many will cause his eye to twitch and him to wig out a little.

Velocity Live Radio has a bunch of audio interviews with the Idols. Adam Lambert talks about some overzealous fans (some of whom smell!), Allison Iraheta curses a lot in her interview. There are also interviews with Anoop Desai, Danny Gokey, Matt Giraud, Scott MacIntyre and Michael Sarver.

In an interview at Suite101.com that was conducted in early July but just now published, Kris Allen says that he is being given a say in choosing the band members who will join him on tour and also says he would like to perform at colleges and small clubs. :)

The writer also interviewed Danny Gokey and wrote a review on the San Jose concert.

Scott MacIntyre is profiled in the Youngstown Vindicator. He talks about being a role model of sorts. "Whether or not they have a physical challenge or not, I think there are a lot of people who do look up to me in that regard. So I’m very humble, and it just inspires me in turn to be the best person I could be. The entire time on ‘American Idol’ I strived to be the same person I am on camera that I am off. If I can’t do that, then it’s not worth anything to me."

Scott is also featured in the Flint Journal. He talks about writing songs for other people and about writing a book. And drops his MySpace address again. Ha.

Popstar.com interviews Lil Rounds, who reveals that she does not read message boards or blogs or reviews. She said, "I am the type of person that hates hearing that someone hated my performance or that it was totally awful or she can’t sing. I don’t like negativity at all, I hate negativity, if I had a hammer and I could break it I would. I just like to keep things positive for myself and my state of mind."

David Cook talks baseball with the Santa Rosa Press-Democrat, relaying a story about how he once gave up a home run to Albert Pujols when they were playing American Legion ball. Cook also talks about his song "Permanent" in an earlier blog post and shares that his late brother Adam never got to see him perform it live.

The Orlando Sentinel has a 30 Seconds With ... Taylor Hicks interview.

And here is a blast from the past - an article on Jim Verraros from Season 1, in PlanetOut.

Idols are compared to politicians in this article in the NY Daily News. Kris Allen said, "Being the American Idol, I feel like there is a pressure to live up to a certain standard. I want to be someone people look up to."

Oh my heck. Wolfgang, Kris and Anoop's pocket skunk, made Yahoo Music's Reality Rocks blog (although I suspect had the Adam Lambert photo of him putting eyeliner on Wolfgang had not appeared, this would not have happened)

No comments: