Monday, August 31, 2009

Adam Lambert, Allison Iraheta Talk Albums With Billboard.com

Adam Lambert and Allison Iraheta talked with Billboard.com about how their albums are shaping up.

Adam said his album "has elements of rock, of course, but it has a lot of pop sensibilities to it. It's really current, really fresh and yet still melodically and vocally it's nodding to the '70s and '80s classics. I know I got most of my credibility on 'Idol' doing those songs from those eras, and it wouldn't make sense for me to do an album that runs away from it."

Allison says hers will "definitely have that rock sound to it. It'll be fun, and there's gonna be some deep stuff, too -- like, lyrics about what can possibly be happening to other people in the world right now that I've gone through myself, but also melodically, just some good, slow rock ballads."

Allison says she doesn't feel as much pressure as Adam and Kris Allen have in terms of expectations, while Adam admits that he does feel it. "There's a lot of hype," he said. "I've been fortunate enough to have a lot of attention, which is a great thing for somebody in my position, with an album coming out. I think people are going to like what they hear. I hope they do, at least."

Neither have announced a release date yet, despite what the NY Daily News has reported, but all indications are that they will release their albums before Thanksgiving. I'm going to guess that Allison will come out before Kris' announced Nov. 17 release date, while Adam will most likely release the week after on Nov. 24.

No comments: