Wednesday, October 18, 2006

TAR All-Stars?

TVgasm is reporting that reliable sources have confirmed that an All-Stars version of The Amazing Race is in the works and will be shooting next month.

The only "confirmed" teams so far are Season 5's Colin and Christie and Charla and Mirna.

I'm sure CBS will find a way to sic Rob and Amber on us again. I'm hoping for some Cha-Cha-Cha action. I love those guys! They were so fun and so obviously enjoyed the whole experience. Another must-have is Kris and Jon, who should have won season 6. Wouldn't mind seeing some of the Linz family again, especially Nick. The Gaghan parents would be nice to have around also.

CBS, I beg of you ... please no Weaver clan. They hated everything about being on the show. Don't give them another opportunity to wreck it. Jonathan and Victoria Baker is another couple my ears cannot tolerate.

As for former winners, the only ones other than the Linzes that I would like to see back are Chip/Kim and Uchenna/Joyce. The others? There are a few all-male teams that I don't even remember because they're practically the same people. Flo and Zach? Oh god no. If I have to hear that lady whine on my TV again, I may have to hurt it. Reichen and Chip? Reichen's a little busy with his new boyfriend Lance Bass. The Hippies? Too over the top.

Personally, I'd rather see an All-Stars version of TAR consisting of other celebrities doing the show rather than having former TAR contestants doing it again. But we'll see how it goes (if it does go at all ...)

No comments: