Thursday, October 05, 2006

ABC Rules The TiVo

ABC seems to be the big winner in regards to new shows this year. And all shows period. Right now, I've got a whopping 8 ABC shows on my TiVo Season Pass - returning shows Grey's Anatomy, Lost, Desperate Housewives, What About Brian and Dancing with the Stars. This fall, I've added Ugly Betty, Six Degrees and, after tonight, The Nine. It wasn't that long ago that I didn't watch a single show on this network, and now I'm practically parked on this station.

Ugly Betty drew 16 million viewers last week. Big numbers against Survivor. I didn't get to see it until Monday, and I really enjoyed it. It was really funny in the beginning (The poncho ... just wow) and sweet at the end.

I watched The Nine tonight after hearing so many great reviews, and it did not disappoint. The only bad thing I have to say about it is that it's a little confusing not really knowing what happened during the 52 hours of hostage-dom, but I suppose the show wouldn't last too long if we did know right away, right? The twist at the end of tonight's episode ... oooh ... wouldn't have seen that coming!

Six Degrees is a J.J. Abrams creation, so I always give those a chance. Ironic that J.J.'s favorite guy to cast on every show - Greg Grunberg - is on the only other non-ABC new show I watch ... Heroes. Anyway, Six Degrees has kept my interest so far, but ratings have not been all that impressive considering that it follows Grey's Anatomy. And thank goodness for this show last week because GA ran long, and I wouldn't have seen McDreamy see McSteamy come out of Addison's bathroom in a towel at the very end if I weren't taping Six Degrees.

Lost continues to make me lost. I think I need to watch it again. Sigh. The ending ... I feel like I should know the meaning behind that last exchange, but, frankly, there's too much stuff going on with this show that I do not remember. Is she Desmond's girlfriend? The only thing that I know for sure about that show is that Kate and Sawyer have chemistry up the wazoo.

No comments: