Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Pickler Picked Off

Wow. America finally picked Pickler to leave instead of stay. And the producers spared us another wretched performance of Unchained Melody. Sweet justice!

I do have to admit, though, she was quite charming and funny in her send-off. I think once the threat of her winning or forcing someone better out was gone, I was able to enjoy her antics more.

But hey - NOW we have a competition, folks!

I think the Top 5 of American Idol 5 may be collectively one of the best ever (they give Season 4 a run for its money and are almost as good as the Canadian Idol 2 Top 5). It will be hard to decide who goes next, although I presume Paris is likely next in line due to her frequent Bottom 3 trips (I loved how she deftly said it was her first time in the bottom 2! Smart girl! She has a future in PR if this singing thing doesn't work out!)

Next week's themes allegedly are The Year You Were Born and This Week's Billboard Chart.

My wish list for The Year Your Were Born:
Taylor (1976) - Play That Funky Music by Wild Cherry (just to see Taylor spaz out) or Still The One by Orleans (for a better vocal fit)
Elliott (1978) - The Closer I Get To You by Roberta Flack and Donny Hathaway (since they'll be singing abbreviated versions, he may be able to edit it so that it doesn't have to be a duet) or Always and Forever by Heatwave
Chris (1979) - I Want You To Want Me by Cheap Trick
Katharine (1984) - Cyndi Lauper, either All Through The Night or acoustic Time After Time
Paris (1988) - I Still Believe by Brenda K. Starr or if she wanted to be really bold, One More Try by George Michael

The Billboard theme is a bit trickier, not only because they sucked on the 21st century theme but also because I can't see the full billboard charts to know what's available. Here's my wish list from what I was able to see:
Taylor - Who Says You Can't Go Home by Bon Jovi
Elliott - So Sick by Ne-Yo
Chris - You and Me by Lifehouse or Ever The Same by Rob Thomas (but he'll probably do Photograph by Nickelback)
Katharine - Save The Last Dance For Me by Michael Buble (AC chart)
Paris - SOS by Rihanna is the only thing that fits her age-wise. She would be unwise to try Be Without You by Mary J. Blige; she's too young for it.

No comments: