Sunday, February 26, 2006

Dancing Drew


Drew and Cheryl's freestyle dance Posted by Picasa

Drew Lachey and Cheryl Burke won Dancing With the Stars tonight. It's rare when my favorites actually win, although I think I'm on a bit of a roll after J.D. Fortune won RockStar: INXS. If I actually pick an American Idol winner, I'll be shocked. Drew and Cheryl's freestyle dance (seen above) more or less clinched the win for them. That, and Stacy Keibler and Tony Dovolani's uninspired and beyond safe freestyle that dropped them down to second in the judges' votes. Drew and Cheryl's country romp set my TV on fire. Such a well-deserved victory.

Stacy coming in third was a surprise in a way, but I can totally understand why she wasn't as popular with the public. The constant tonguebath the judges gave her even with flawed routines made voters resentful. And while she is very talented and has great lines, she does not express as well as others did. Dancing is supposed to make you feel, and I felt nothing watching her. Although I'm sure many guys felt lots of things whenever she'd show off that 42 inch leg. ::rolls eyes::

Speaking of the tonguebaths, I thought Stacy/Tony's perfect mark tonight was off the mark. I feel like the judges gave them that score knowing that she was going to lose the public vote. It was good, but perfect? Drew and Cheryl didn't deserve perfect scores for their dance tonight, and they didn't get it. Their jive the first time around, however, did. I think Drew and Cheryl got messed up by those sorry-ass singers on the show. They started the song early. ABC really needs to spring for better singers. I'm sure there are some former Idol finalists who don't have record deals out there who would be so much better at this. Anthony Fedorov, anyone?

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Heeeeeeeey you! Welcome to blogging land-you will enjoy your stay and perhaps never go back to using a pen again! lol

I must say that I was SO mad when my Sattelite didn't even have ABC as a channel on it-I missed all of the Dancing with Stars episodes, until last night-when my Dad finally got his account updated-and I got to see the finale. I wish I would have been able to watch the other shows because this season looked far better than last. I LOVED the winners of the show but couldn't understand why the wrestler chick didn't make it to the end. Certainly the football guy wasn't great-so how do people with high marks get booted first? It was a clear win regardless-is that Drew guy, Nick Lachey's brother? He looks JUST like him!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I'd love to hear Anthony Fedorov sing on this show!! Hell, I like to see him dance on it too!!!!